Your Have Questions. We Have Answers

If you have a question that isn’t addressed here, contact us.

Where can we stay while traveling in our campervan?

Japan’s road system features over 1,100 rest stops where vehicles can park for free. There are also many places, both along main roads and in rural areas, which offer overnight parking. Sometimes there is a small fee, but often these spots are free as well.

Visit Michi no eki for more information about roadside rest areas in Japan.

Is there a mileage limit on the campervan?

We do not put any mileage limits on our vehicles – take them as far as you want and enjoy your trip!

How much are tolls and gasoline in Japan?

Japan’s highways allow for faster travel but they do require tolls. Toll rates vary greatly and rates are dependent on where you travel. Local roads, on the other hand, are almost always free. Many of our travelers prefer using local roads, as they provide a more intimate view of Japan.

In Japan, gasoline typically costs ¥100-150/liter, and drivers can expect to get 7-10 kilometers to the liter, depending on their driving style and their specific campervan.

What kind of license do I need to drive in Japan?

In order to rent and drive a vehicle in Japan, you will need to acquire an International Driving Permit (IDP) in your home country before you travel to Japan. We will gladly assist you with the process of attaining an IDP.

Where are the pickup/return locations for your campervans?

Visitors can pick up and/or drop off their campervans at either Nippori Station or Asakusa Station, both in Toyko. For an additional fee, we may be able to accommodate a pickup/dropoff request for a different location.

What kind of insurance is included? Are there any additional fees?

Insurance fees are already included within the price of the rental. Feel free to contact us for any information about the specific policies and deductibles involved.

Ready for Your Amazing Japan Road Trip?

Create a memorable adventure that is all your own.